Logging On: How to Begin Marketing on Social Media in 3 Steps
Breaking: Social media marketing is one of the best ways to easily capitalize on your marketing budget. From reaching a wide audience to becoming a trusted brand, social media is immensely lucrative with the right strategy.
Read time: 3 minutes, 20 seconds
The Starting Line
The good news about marketing your business on social media is that the options are endless for almost every type of business. With all of these options available, knowing where to start is crucial to building a strong online presence. Choosing the right network and marketing strategy can be the difference between a cost-efficient budget and wasted dollars. Whether you’re hoping to advertise for a new startup or an established brand, there are always going to be numerous solutions that fit with your goals that will have wildly varying results. Let’s take a look at what to consider when getting started:
1. Choose the Right Network(s)
Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest…the list goes on. When deciding which social media network(s) to utilize for your business, there are a few questions to ask such as: who is my target audience? Am I hoping to spread awareness for my brand or generate sales? What type of content am I hoping to create? Each social network has its strengths and weaknesses, and choosing the right networks to focus on can help you quickly reach your goals.
- Facebook is perfect for reaching a large audience of all ages and is a cost-effective way for you to spread awareness about your business. With advanced targeting options and endless creative possibilities, nearly every business can benefit in some way by incorporating the largest social network into their strategy.
- Instagram provides an ideal platform for reaching younger audiences and selling products that are available for purchase online. Additionally, brands that have the ability to create beautiful visual content might find Instagram particularly useful.
- Twitter doesn’t have the reputation for being the best place to spend the bulk of your marketing dollars, but it does provide a great place for your audience to keep up on the latest deals and news on a real-time basis. While you may not be spending big bucks here, Twitter is a great complement to other networks.
2. Identify Your Content Strength
The best results happen when the right content meets the right platform. If your business features aesthetically pleasing products, Instagram and Facebook are great places to show off high quality, attractive images. If your business can create captivating videos, a YouTube campaign might yield the best results for your money. Facebook is always an option for video as well, and their latest offerings allow advertisers with limited knowledge to create engaging videos to use in advertisements.
Ideally, your advertising team should be able to craft different content that works on each platform. Re-purposing content across different networks helps to maintain consistency and strong branding.
3. Outsource If Needed
For those who didn’t grow up in a time where social media was ubiquitous, it can be easy to make the mistake of passing social media off as trivial entertainment. However, ignoring social media marketing in 2019 and beyond is simply a poor business decision. Whether you are looking for someone to create ads for your business, design quality graphic content, or help with creating a strategy, there are options available.
Digital marketing agencies offer the luxury of having a team of marketing experts to rely on to put your business in place to succeed. While hiring an agency to work on your behalf might seem cost-prohibitive to small businesses, when you weigh the cost of not taking advantage of the resources you have available, the choice is clear. No matter how much (or how little) control you want over the social media advertising process, an agency will put you in a position to create a thriving presence online.
As the range of options available to businesses of all sizes to advertise online continues to expand, neglecting your brand’s reputation online has become immensely detrimental. Talk amongst your team to find out what your company is hoping to promote, and then put a plan in action. If you’re having trouble putting the pieces together, call 2060 Digital at 513-699-5012 and hit the ground running with a comprehensive digital marketing strategy.