How Can Facebook Live Work For Your Business?
by Mandy Heid
Want to reach your audience in a fresh and engaging way? It doesn’t get much fresher than Facebook Live, which broadcasts your business in real-time on the social network, and gives your audience a chance to connect with and discover more about who you are and what you offer.
Why Use Facebook Live for Business?
The use of live broadcasts on Facebook give your audience a transparent glimpse into the way things work at your company – something that is increasingly important to consumers today. It’s also a chance to reach them in a place where they’re already consuming content.
Here are just a few of the countless ways you can use Facebook Live for your business:
- Give people an inside look at how things are done at your company.
- Show off your employees with a broadcast featuring staff members.
- Promote a new product or service or give a sneak peek to your viewers.
- Advertise your upcoming event or broadcast a can’t-miss moment.
- Host a live Q&A session and answer those FAQs.
However you choose to use Facebook Live, there are a few important things you need to remember to get the most out of your broadcast.
First Things First: How Does It Work?
- Log into your personal page from your mobile device, and then connect to your business page.
- Click as you would normally when writing a new post for your business.
- Once you see your options, click the “Live Video” icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Be sure that you have given Facebook permission to use your microphone and camera.
- Customize your live video by using masks, doodles, and filters. Also, this is the time you want to write a creative and informative description about your live video.
- Once you have the live video set up the way you want, click “Go Live”!
How do You Make Sure People Actually See Your Broadcast?
If you’re broadcasting live and no one’s watching, you’re wasting your time and efforts. Here’s how to make sure your Facebook Live broadcast is a hit:
- Don’t broadcast just to broadcast. Have a plan in place for an engaging video that your viewers will want to see.
- Be sure to hype your broadcast by telling fans up to a day ahead of time that you’ll be going live to ensure optimal amount of views.
- It’s best to go live when you have a strong Internet connection so there aren’t any interruptions while broadcasting.
- Make your description of the video engaging and informative to your audience. It helps viewers understand your broadcast’s purpose so they engage while watching.
- Interact with the comments coming in in real-time and say hello to fans. Viewers will be thrilled when they hear you address them directly and it will keep them coming back for more.
- Stream longer to reach more people. Facebook recommends you go live for at least 10 minutes, and you can broadcast for as long as 90 minutes.
- Let your viewers know when the broadcast is coming to a close by signing off or including a closing line so your video doesn’t just abruptly end.
A Few More Things to Keep In Mind
One of the new improvements to Facebook Live is that not only can users opt in to receive notifications when pages or people they follow broadcast live, but they can also use the app to search and find live videos from other users and pages. This handy new feature helps ensure your videos can be found and watched by a larger audience than just your followers.
Once you finish with your live broadcast, the video will be posted directly to your business page. From here, the video can be customized to reach a certain audience in their news feed. This gives fans the opportunity to share the video with their friends, and you can repurpose the video’s content or share it with people who may not have been able to watch the live broadcast.
Facebook Live is one of the best ways to reach your audience in real-time with news about your business. So keep these tips and tricks in mind and happy broadcasting!